Green Tiger has established itself, though its membership of the ECG, at the forefront of car transporter related health and safety. ECG with its link to the vehicle manufacturers association ACEA, delivers continuous development of progressive safety features. The specialist Car Transporters Group of the RHA (Road Haulage Association) also offer excellent guidance.
The company recognises the importance of providing a safe and healthy working environment for employees, visitors, subcontractors and suppliers under its control or protection.
The Health & Safety Manager is qualified in Occupational Safety and Health and provides expert support and guidance in this area.
What they do
The role, functions and objectives of the Road Safety Authority explained.
The aim of the Road Safety Authority is to save lives and prevent injuries by reducing the number and severity of collisions on the road. This is reflected in our maxim, Working to Save Lives.
Providing a safe environment for all road users and promoting the efficient use of our road network are our twin aims.
The RSA works to improve road safety in Ireland by:
- Developing and implementing information and education campaigns to increase awareness of road safety and promote safer driving
- Improving vehicle standards
- Establishing and monitoring a standard for driver instruction
- Overseeing the system of driver licensing and undertaking certain enforcement activities
- Working with stakeholders to ensure a co-ordinated response and ensure our collective resources are used wisely and efficiently
- Undertaking accident and road safety research in order to develop measures and recommendations to improve road safety
- Advising the Minister for Transport on road safety policy
- Producing road safety strategy documents and monitoring their implementation