The Green Tiger Group has a long history of naming its fleet of trucks.
The naming spans various subjects including:
• Irish Steam Locomotives that pulled the An Tostal Express between Belfast and Cork, via the Phoenix Park Tunnel.
– Irish Railway Engine 409
• Irish Historic/Mythological figures that have graced many stories.
• A blue series: that use various Irish expressions to highlight the blue colour of those particular trucks.
Select an individual VC holder from the list below.
– Donald Edward Garland VC
– David Samuel Anthony Lord VC
– Edward Stephen Fogarty Fegen VC
– Eugene Kingsmill Esmonde VC
– Lieutenant Claude Raymond VC
– Captain James Joseph Bernard Jackman VC
– Leading Seaman James Joseph Magennis VC
– Lieutenant Colonel Harold Marcus Ervine-Andrews VC
Keep you eyes open and you will see these trucks plying their trade on the highways near you.
• Irish Shipping Ltd. and four of the ships it operated during World War Two have been added to the Green Tiger fleet recently
Irish Shipping Limited was an Irish state-owned deep sea shipping company, formed during World War II for the purpose of supplying the country’s import needs.
The four ships Green Tiger have chosen to honour on their fleet are:
• The sinking of the Commissioners of Irish Lights vessel ‘Isolda’ features on a recent vehicle.
The Commissioners of Irish Lights is the body that serves as the General Lighthouse Authority for the island of Ireland plus its adjacent seas and islands
We wish to thank
Frank Forde, author of “The Long Watch” for the inspiration of this subject
• Four of the most recent trucks feature two Irish born Women Aviators and two Irish born Men who served in the RAF during the Second World War.
Read their amazing stories at the links below.