Frederick Maurice Watson Harvey VC, CBE, MC, Croix de Guerre.
b. 01/09/1888 Athboy, County Meath, Ireland. d. 24/08/1980 Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada.
Frederick Maurice Watson Harvey (1888-1980) was born on 1st September 1888 at Athboy, County Meath, Ireland. His father was the Reverend Alfred Thomas Harvey, who was Vicar of Kentstown Rectory, Navan, County Meath and later at the Rectory, Athboy. Frederick’s mother was Ida Suzette nee Wegelin, who was from Schaffhausen, Switzerland, and married Alfred on 3rd August 1875 in Rathdown, Ireland. Frederick was one of seven children.
James Henry Reynolds VC
b. 03/02/1844 Kingstown, County Dublin, Ireland. d. 04/03/1932 Victoria, London.
James Henry Reynolds (1844-1932) was born on 3rd February 1844 at Kingstown, Dublin, Ireland, the son of Mr L Reynolds JP, of Dalyston House, Granard, Ireland. Educated at Castle Knock School, Dublin, he obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from Trinity College, Dublin in 1867, before joining the Army Medical Department on 31st March 1868, as an Assistant Surgeon.
Robert Johnston VC
b. 13/08/1872 Laputa, County Donegal, Ireland. d. 24/03/1950 Kilkenny, Ireland.
Robert Johnston (1872-1950) was born on 13th August 1872 in Laputa House, Ballyshannon, County Donegal, Ireland, the son of Robert Johnston, Queen’s Consul. He was educated at King William’s College, Isle of Man, and joined the 5th Battalion, Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers from 1890-1894.
Thomas Joseph Crean VC, DSO
b. 19/04/1873 Dublin, Ireland. d. 25/03/1923 Mayfair, London.
Thomas Joseph Crean (1873-1923) was born in Morrison’s Hotel, Dawson Street, Dublin on the 19th April 1873. He was the fifth child of Michael Theobald Crean, a barrister who worked for the Irish Land Commission, and his wife Emma. His maternal grandparents, John and Maryanne Dunn, were the owners of the hotel where he was born. He was educated at Belvedere College, Dublin and finished his secondary education at another Jesuit College, Clongowes Wood College, Co Kildare where he spent his last three years as a border from 1889 to 1891.